One Killed, As Bike Riders Clash With Police In Ibadan

Physinews:There was pandemonium at Moniya area of Ibadan Monday when a police man alleged killed one Okada(Bike) rider over N50 bribe.
Two others were also shot by police officers attached to Moniya police station, Akinyele Local Government Ibadan in the confusion that ensued.
According to an eyewitness account, trouble started when an Okada rider who was flagged down by a police officer for carrying two passengers refused to stop but was hit with a baton on the head.
The Okada man was reported to have fell off the bike and died on the spot.
In annoyance, the sources further informed that the dead Okada rider’s colleagues headed towards the police station, threatening to burn down the division, but in an attempt to scare them off, the Police were alleged to have released tear gas unto the rampaging crowd and shot into the air to scare them.
Unfortunately, two members of the association were hit by the stray bullet, and are currently under intense treatment. Click here if you have small manhood and you want it big,toothache,Pains,Gonorhea for man,Woman and Other Skin Disease see how you can resolve it by clicking here
The development further increased the already tensed situation as people had to scamper for safety while the road was deserted as the effect of the tear gas forced people off the area .
When contacted, Oyo State Police Command Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Superintendent of Police, Adekunle Ajisebutu confirmed the death of the Okada rider, but denied being hit by the police.

According to Ajisebutu, “due to a stop and search embarked upon by the Police, an Okada rider who was carrying three passengers refused to stop as ordered by the security officers. While trying to escape, he ran into a big pot hole, he fell sustained injury and was rushed to a nearby hospital where he later died.
“As a result of this, other colleagues of the dead rider attacked an upcoming police patrol vehicle, and seized an AK-rifle which was later recovered. Not done with that, they headed straight to Moniya division police station, threatening to burn down the station.
“The DPO of the station briefed that five suspects were arrested. There was no incident of shooting at any of them or case of them sustaining any injury. Later, the DPO held a peaceful meeting with their association and NURTW around the area.
“Normalcy had since returned to the area as the Commissioner of Police enjoined the citizens to go about their normal duty without taken law into their hands.”

  Let Us Pin Your Adverts On Our 300k Facebook group with over 3000+ daily member request Click HERE To Confirm Group To Contact Us Call On 08105183899 or send us mail to

Post a Comment