Gang Breaks Man’s Skull With HAMMER, Shoots Two In Lagos

Physinews: There was chaos in the Mushin area of Lagos in Nigeria
after some gang members, who were engaged
in a supremacy fight clashed. During the fight,
the skull of one Oluwafemi, was reportedly
broken with a hammer.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the gang also stabbed
the victim with knives, as some others
smashed concrete blocks on his head.

Two other residents of Lawani Street, identified
as Sheriff Ajani and Samuel Junior, sustained
gunshot injuries, while two vehicles were
damaged by the hoodlums.

A source said the fight started around 10am on
Sunday and continued till 7pm when the gang
members allegedly engaged in an exchange of
gunfire with security operatives.

It was gathered that policemen from Area C,
Area D, Rapid Response Squad and OP
MESA soldiers, chased the suspected cult
members into Gbobi Sabe, Ogunjobi and Ereko

The source said, “It all started around 10am on
Sunday. Femi and a friend were going to a
betting centre when the hoodlums, who had
mingled with some bus passengers at a park
along the Ikorodu Road, seized him.
“In broad daylight, they started hitting his head
with a hammer as some of them smashed
blocks on his head. They stabbed him in the
face with knives. They were about killing him
when a group of people rescued him. He was
rushed to a hospital where he is lying in a
critical condition.

“Just some minutes later, the hoodlums
reinforced, entered into Lawani Street and
opened fire on residents. The attackers are
Japron and Ereko boys.  They include Seidu,
Usher, Abbey, Jibade, Famous and Wasiri. They
were calling boys on Lawani Street to come

Another source said two residents of Lawani,
Ajani and Junior, were hit by bullets and were
rushed to a hospital.

It was learnt that the rampaging gang, who
vandalised two vehicles on the street, went
away with a cow tied down for a celebration
around the Railway Line.

However, a resident of Ereko, who identified
himself as Samsudeen Olayemi, said the fight
was for the control of territories.

“It had nothing to do with us. It was among
those who wanted to control the Jibowu area
to take fees from POP sellers. We called the
police to intervene,” he said.

Although normalcy had returned when PUNCH
Metro visited the area around 3pm on Monday,
a team of policemen was observed patrolling
the flashpoints.

The Police Public Relations Officcer, SP Dolapo
Badmos, confirmed the incident.
She said, “I can confirm that some group of
boys suspected to be cultists engaged one
another in a supremacy fight. The command
got the report and deployed response teams
from the RRS, the area command and divisions.
Normalcy has since returned.”

Post a Comment



Post a Comment (0)